Monday, March 11, 2013

Adam-isms


Der was a big car driving by... it was terrifying... Emma's nerves were shot.

*****

I helped Mommy make the dinner.  I peeled FOUR carrots.  FOUR!

*****

Adam- I caught a dolphin from the ocean!  I put it in my backpack.

Leah- Dolphins need water, Adam, so it can't be in your backpack.

Adam- My backpack is made out of water, so it's happy in there.

*****

On the joys of growing up- I just need two more birthdays and then I will get to got to kindergarten!

*****

Musings in the car- Mommy, where is heaven?  

Me- Well, we don't know exactly where heaven is, but we do know that Heavenly Father and the people who love us are near watching us to see if we are doing good things.

Adam- And where is Satan?

Me- Well, Satan is here on the earth.  He doesn't have a body like us, so he likes to try to trick us into to making bad choices with our bodies.

Adam- If Satan tried to trick me I would punch him in the nose!

*****

Screaming through the house- Mommy!  Moooooommy!  Oh!  I forgot I'm not supposed to scream through the house.  I just needed to tell you that I LOVE YOU!!!!!

*****

Whispering in my ear while I'm lying in bed- Mommy?  Are you sick a little?

Me- Yes, just a little.

Adam- Guys!  Mommy is sick a little bit!  She is in her bed!

*****

Lying in my bed early in the morning-

Adam- Dis is how you spell "no"- N. O.  Dis is how you spell "ok"- O.K.  Dis is how you spell "spoon" S.P.O.O.N.

Me, wondering what else he can spell- Can you spell "dog"?

A- D.O.G.

M- Can you spell cat?

A- C.A.T.

M- Little smarty pants.

A- It's because I ate sooo many smarties!

*****

Me- Adam, why are you so adorable?

Him- Because you love me soooo much!

And now for a picture that will mortify him in years to come-
I couldn't help taking this picture after church on Sunday.  It was a very nice day out, but I insisted that Adam wear shoes outside.  Guess I should have mentioned the pants part, too.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Oh, I love that kid. The last shot is priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...