Some days are better than others- usually she is full of smiles and giggles and nonsensical strings of words that she thinks we understand.
Other days there is no juice in the house...
The love for juice and the pac are two things that I haven't dealt with before. Adam and Leah both rejected a pacifier around four months, and I try to offer juice only sparingly. Water is the beverage of choice for the rest of us. Emma does not appreciate that. She knows what she wants and she wants it now! We had a lively conversation at lunch yesterday that went something like this-
M- I'm making peanut butter and honey sandwiches. Who wants one?
E- Ah do!
A- I want peanut butter (he doesn't like the honey)
M- Okay, here you go.
E- Butter!
M- Yes, I made you a peanut butter and honey sandwich! Eat up!
E- Butter! Butter!
M- Oh, you want only peanut butter? Okay (scraping the honey off the sandwich)
E- Butter! Butter!
M- What? I don't know what you want. Adam, what is Emma saying?
A- She wants only butter.
M- Oh! You want butter?
E- Butter!
M- On bread?
E- Toast!
M- Okay, butter on toast. Here you go.
E- (licking the butter that hasn't melted off the bread) Butter! Butter!
M- There is butter. It just melted so you can't see it.
E- BUTTER! BUTTER!
M- Okay, naptime!
It's amazing to me that we are having conversations at all, let alone ones in which she places mealtime orders and rejects the items I get wrong. Sheesh!
She has an unequivocal love for "Daddy" and asks for him all day long. We Skyped with him for 5 minutes this morning just so she could see his face and wave to him. And now I'm "Mommy" (not mama) a name I love, but prefer not to hear in the middle of the night, especially if I'm being called in to locate the beloved pac. But the snuggles and kisses are always lovely- day and night- and Emma Grace is altogether growing up too fast.
No comments:
Post a Comment