Finally her turn came! Emma started preschool this week and she is thrilled!
She told me not to stay too long the first day, that she would miss me, and that she was "super excited to go!"
She marched right into class, introduced herself to her teachers, and got right down to the business of playing.
It helps that she has three little friends in the class to help her feel right at home.
And she is ready! She's writing her name-
Every time I turn around she's grown another five inches
She's constantly saying things that make me realize that this little blue-eyed beauty of ours is really growing up!
A few of the latest Emma-isms-
A few of the latest Emma-isms-
While driving through downtown Omaha, we passed an elaborate sculpture of several prairie animals. Emma looked out her window and exclaimed, "Look at all the buffalopes!"
"The what?"
"The buffalopes!"
(Prairie friend of the antelopes, I suppose.)
*****
While sorting through a pile of new-to-her clothes, she fell in love with a silky dress. "I love it! It feels heavenly." But rejected a pair of cute khaki shorts. "Not these! They go in the no pile because they are gray."
She wanted to wear a new-found Rapunzel shirt immediately, but I explained that it needed to be washed first. "Oh right," she said. "Because it's been sitting down in the musty old basement."
*****
"Her what?"
Pointing to her golden horn "Her you-n" (sounds like the first two letters of her name- un).
*****
*****
Reasoning with herself about her encounter with Tinkerbell this summer-
"That couldn't be the real Tinkerbell because she is fairy size and that Tinkerbell was a human size and there are no human-sized fairies!"
Similarly she was distressed one day because she wants to be a princess when she grows up. "Like a real princess with a fancy dress and long hair! But I just can't!"
*****
While walking home from a friend's house, I found Emma in a crumpled, crying mess on the front lawn. When I asked her what happened, she said, "It was so bright out that I closed my eyes and was walking like a zombie and I bonked into the tree!"
And as we recounted the story later in the day to Leah and Adam, who laughed, she declared emphatically, "It's not funny, Leah! It's not funny!" She says that a lot. "It's not funny, Mommy!"
*****
Today she prayed that we will always have a good view from our seats in the car, whether we are sitting up high or down low.
And she usually thanks Heavenly Father that we have a wonderful life and a happy day. She was asked to give a prayer during Sharing Time at church. She marched right up to the podium, took the mike in her hands and said a loud, clear, and sincere prayer, ending with "and please bless that we will all be happy because we came to church."
She is one sweet girl, and while I'll miss her during the five hours she is going to spend at preschool each week, I am delighted for the fun and adventure that lies ahead for her!
No comments:
Post a Comment