Tuesday, September 1, 2015

The Magic Nesting Doll

  
by Leah, age 8

Once there was a girl named Alli.  Her grandma was very sick.  She was laying in a bed.  Alli came into her room and her grandma said, "This is for you."  Then Alli's grandma pulled a nesting doll out of her pocket and handed it to Alli.  She was about to open it when her grandma said, "Stop!  That is a magic nesting doll.  You can only use it three times when you really need it's magic."  Then she said, "Remember me."  Then she passed away.

For the next few days Alli missed her grandma.  Then she went shopping at a baker's store and he let her sleep there.  One night he told her the story of the prince and how he was a man of living ice.  Alli was amazed.  She wanted to see a man of living ice.  So the next day she set off to go see him.  She brought a basket of warm bread and the nesting doll was in her pocket.  Soon she was out of town and in the woods.  At first she was a little lost, but then she got there.  She climbed up a tree and peeped through a window.  There was the prince, laying in bed looking a nice icy blue against the red, velvety bed.  

All of the sudden someone yelled, "Who are you?!!"  She looked up, startled by the question.  "My name is Alli", she answered.  "I just wanted to see the prince.  I have never seen a man of living ice."  The guard said, "Someone put a spell on him!"  Little did the town know the prince's evil uncle had done the spell.  He had done it so he would be the new king, not the prince.  Not even the guards knew!  Alli wondered who did it and how to break the spell.

She asked, "How do you break the spell?"

"No one knows," replied the guard.

"May I come in and see him?"  

"You're more than welcome," said the guard.

When she got there she could see him up close.  Then she heard someone yell, "Throw her in prison!"  
Soon the guards had her in prison.  They only gave her bread and water twice a day.  Soon she decided to use some magic from the nesting doll.  She took off the woman's head and saw a bear's head instead.  A bear started to form.  Soon it was a live bear.

She said to the bear, "I do not like it in this dungeon.  Can you help me?"

The bear replied, "I think it would be a nice cave, but as you wish.  I will free you."  

Soon the bear had gotten the door down with his claws.  She said thank you, then he disappeared. 

After the prince's uncle found out then he had thrown into a ditch.  She opened up the nesting doll again.  This time it was a wolf.  It asked, "What do you need?"

"Can you get me out of this ditch?"  Alli asked.

He replied, "It would be a nice den, but I guess I will do it.  Hop on my back."

So she did.  The wolf leaped out of the ditch.

"Thank you!"  And he was gone. 

The third time she was put on top of a jagged cliff.  Once again she opened the magic nesting doll.  It was a fire bird.  It said, "How can I help you, dear?"

Alli replied, "Can you help me off this cliff?"

"Of course!  It would be a nice nest but I will help you get off."

"Thank you!"

The bird got her down and disappeared.

Now she had to save the prince.  She walked to the castle and saw the prince still frozen.  She told the baker she would be back by the end of two days and it was almost the end of the last day!  She was about to leave, so she kissed the prince good-bye and he unfroze!  His evil uncle froze and fell over and shattered into a hundred pieces.  And the prince and Alli got married and lived happily ever after!

The End.

1 comment:

Rachael said...

Okay, that is seriously a great story! Tell Leah I love it!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...