Saturday, September 26, 2015

Someone He Can Count On

This new calling of being the Relief Society President is like a having a new full-time job.  I have the opportunity to serve women that are in need and offer them relief however I can- whether it be new sisters that have just moved into the area or have just been baptized, or sisters that are having a hard day or have a med student husband that is never home or live in the middle of the country and need a visitor once in awhile or just had surgery or a new baby.

I order food from the Bishop's Storehouse (our church's welfare system) for families in need, create and assign visiting teaching assignments (a one-on-one ministering program), plan and execute and socialize at activities, attend weekly training meetings (that start at 7 AM!), conduct Sunday meetings, teach discussions to people investigating the church with missionaries, hold my own monthly presidency meetings, make birthday visits, assign and train sisters in various capacities (teachers, supervisors, meal and rides and moving and child care coordinators), bear testimony and witness of our Savior's love, and most of all, LOVE these amazing sisters that I get to serve.

I thank the good Lord that I have two counselors and a secretary, as well as a visiting teaching coordinator and three supervisors, two teachers, a music coordinator and a compassionate service leader that all help me get this huge job done.  It's huge, and I love it, even on the days when I feel like surely the Lord must know something about my capabilities that I don't.
I love listening to latest youth music church songs.  The song "Someone He Can Count On" feels like the theme of my presidency.  All I want is to do the things that the Savior wants me to do, so that He knows that I love Him.  It's been a huge blessing in my life to get the chance to show Him that every day.

I feel something inside me
Like I've finally found my way.
I know my Savior loves me
I want to show Him 
I feel the same.

So I'll go wherever 
He will lead,
Be the person that 
He wants me to be.
And try to never let 
Him down again.

I want to be someone
Someone He can count on.
I want to be someone 
who can take on anything.

I want to stand up
for what I was made for.
I want to make it 
so it's easy to see
That he can count on 
someone like me.

I can't think of anything 
more sweet
than to follow where 
the Spirit leads
Be the answer to 
someone else's prayer.

I want to be someone
Someone He can count on.
I want to be someone 
who can take on anything.

I want to stand up
for what I was made for.
I want to make it 
so it's easy to see

That He can count on 
someone like me.

He will give me strength
when I need it
So I can be what 
He wants me to be.

Someone, someone He can count on.
I want to be someone 
who can take on anything.

I want to stand up
for what I was made for.
I want to make it 
so it's easy to see

That He can count on 
someone like me.

And I especially love moments like tonight when I get to share a piece of this service with my family.  Leah and I attended the Relief Society General Broadcast together and we were spiritually fed.  I love the good news of the gospel of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...