Sunday, November 8, 2015

A Frightful Night

Halloween is always fun in Iowa, because we get to trick or treat twice!  The night before Halloween is Beggars Night.  We were all dressed up and ready for fun, although the blog is reminding me that there are several Halloween traditions that we skipped this year.  Life seems to be awfully busy right now!  Especially since we spent the first week of the month in Utah.  We had one fun night of decorating Halloween cookies with our sweet neighbors-


and two nights at the pumpkin patch that get a post of their own.  But, despite not having a neighborhood gathering of kids for activities, hardly any spooky crafts, or even carving our pumpkins, we still enjoyed the main two nights plenty!
As a Rapunzel bride-
 an adorable dragon- 
 the green ninja- 
 and Kitty Cheshire (from the Ever After High book series), complete with purple hair- 
 Jason and I decided to go as ourselves this year.  
He agreed to this get-up weeks before, but when the night came to put on the costumes, we were both thinking twice!  We raised more than a few eyebrows and got plenty of laughs at the ward Trunk or Treat party.  It was especially fun to hear Jason complain about how his long hair made him hot and kept getting in his eyes, and how annoying it was to have Noah pulling at his necklace.
Welcome to a woman's life!
When it was finally time to go trick-or-treating, Jason (dressed as himself) and the big kids took off and left me and Noah far behind.  And every one was perfectly happy.  
 Jason loves helping the big kids gather as much loot as they possibly can, and I was content to stroll up and down the street with my little dragon, munching on candy and peering into jack-o-lanterns.   
Because I know it was probably my last chance to do so.  
Next year I'm sure Noah will be running to keep up with the big kids.

2 comments:

Bea said...

How I love you all! It would be so fun to have Halloween together one day:) and I love your stripy sweater and your scarf! I love scarves - I guess I'm addicted to them :) lol

Rachael said...

Oh my goodness. You guys win he best costumes ever contest!! Neil says he would never have the guts to do it, but good for you. ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...