I'm pretty sure it all started when we had to take a marathon trip through Wal-Mart on Tuesday. I do not love that place. In the middle of Tuesday nights the fevers started, and bright and early Thursday morning we loaded up and headed to the doctor- I couldn't take another day or night of the crying, coughing, fevers or whining.
And it turns out Noah had an ear infection in his usual troublesome ear, which explained the random crying out and "Owie! Owie! Owie!" he was saying all the time. Poor little guy, I just hate that that is one thing I've passed onto him. Lousy ears.
And Emma, my chatty little patient was a bit more of a mystery. ("What are you going to do to me? What's that? What does swab mean?") She was up and running one minute, down and miserable the next. Her strep test came back negative and it seems like a lot of rest, fluids and love is all she needed to get feeling better again.
As is always the case when my kids are sick, I was so grateful that I had nowhere else that I had to be but home taking care of them. They were able to rest and relax and lounge around and snuggle up as much as they needed to get feeling better again. And all of the visiting teaching appointments, Relief Society visits, haircuts, playdates, and preschool that we had to miss were all optional, and could all be rescheduled. I think a lot about how different my days will be in just a few more years. It's just four years until Noah starts kindergarten, and then a whole different world will open up to me. And while that prospect is exciting (for both me and them), it brings a major dose of sadness as well. I'll be alone all day long. And I'll probably love it, but I'll probably also wish I could come back again to these simple and sweet days of snuggling up and playing kitchen and having tea parties and stacking blocks and reading books upon books upon books.
Glasses are definitely in this little lady's future.
Noah calls this "fireworks"-
Playing with Mommy's toys- those "anamalz" are mine!
So is that book, but it's a great read for anyone!
Small enough to ride in a "boat"-
Tall enough to help himself-
He always started counting these blocks at "four... five... six..." all the way up to twelve before knocking them down and building them up again.
"I'm funny, Mom. Take my picture."
I love these days.
No comments:
Post a Comment