Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Snow Day Isms

Yesterday was rough.  We prayed for a snow day, and today we got one!   It was a tender mercy.  Nothing like a little jammies-and-snuggles break in the middle of the week to get us through (until about 4:30 when the house is upside down and Daddy's out of town and we've got enough energy to fill up the whole house).
We made Valentines Day cards, read piles of books, ate hot soup, shoveled mounds of wet snow, and sculpted snowmen.


I got a few good laughs out of the day, too-

Me- Emma, I've got a problem.  We need to leave the house but there is snow all over the driveway.  What should we do?

E- You can shuffle!

M- Shuffle?

E- Yeah, just put your snow clothes on and go shuffle it!

*****

Me- Kids, gymnastics classes have been cancelled for tonight.  You'll have to go to a make-up class later this week.

Leah and Emma- (Squeals of delight!!!)

Adam- I am not wearing make-up!

*****

Me- Good night, Noah.  I love you!

N- I want a swirly.

M- A what? (Poor little guy is all stuffed up and pretty hard to understand right now.)

N- A swoorly!

M- A swirly?

N- A swoory.... A BOOK!

Oh!  He wanted a story to look at in bed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...