I wasn't always this tired...
I sometimes think I should just assign a number to the top nine things I say around here, then call out a number when I need to know something. If everyone knew the numbers assigned to the statement or question, I wouldn't have to talk nearly as much and things would still get done! Such as-
1- No more reading. Go to bed.
2- Have your practiced your music?
3- That's recyclable.
4- Did you flush?
5- Did you pack a lunch?
6- Go turn off the lights.
7- Have you brushed your teeth?
8- What's your after-dinner duty?
9- Who smells?
Motherhood is fantastic, AND it sure is a lot of dish-washing, appointment-making, form-filling, meal-prepping, toilet-unclogging, boo-boo kissing, back-scratching, emotion-decoding, and always wondering if I'm getting any of it right at all. And while it's exhausting, it makes me happy.
How is that possible?
I read this in The Happiness Project last night, after having said each of the above phrases at least 3 times in the last two hours-
"The happiness of having children falls into the kind of happiness that could be called fog happiness. Fog is elusive. Fog surrounds you and transforms the atmosphere, but when you try to examine it, it vanishes. Fog happiness is the kind of happiness you get from activities that, closely examined, don't really seem to bring much happiness at all- yet somehow they do."
Exactly.
And it's the moments of sunshine that peek through the fog that make it all worth it. And I have the feeling that by the time the fog has lifted, all I'll really be able to remember is the shining moments anyway.
Now I'm off to make another meal for my little clouds of happiness.
1 comment:
And I always remember that the time will come when I will cry and wish back all the foggy days :)
Post a Comment