13 years ago we didn't think we be parents who had four kids in six years.
We didn't think Jason would be living the "field of dreams" dream in the land of corn.
We didn't know much about eternal commitment, compromise, companionship, loyalty, hard work, life-long dreams, or real happiness.
We were just friends, neighbors, students on a "thank you date"- he fixed my car, I thanked him with ice cream.
We didn't really hit it off on our first date there at the Malt Shoppe. We had a nice conversation, but we both thought the date would be our first and last one.
I'm glad we were both wrong.
We've had lots and lots of nice conversations since that first one. And given that we've been together 13 years now, I'd be lying if I didn't say we've had some not-so-nice ones, too. But our relationship is officially the age of a moody teenager now, so I guess that's to be expected.
A bad day here and there doesn't mean that we're in trouble. It just means life is long and we're in it for the good and the bad.
Happy Famiversary to us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
😘😘😘
Post a Comment