I've given myself permission to not be a homeroom parent this year- that was a tricky balance with my Relief Society calling last year and there are always eager parents who want to help out with party planning. I always pictured myself as a PTO kind of parent, but this year I'm giving myself a little grace. I've got at least nine more years of elementary school ahead of me, so I think that if I don't do it all this year, that will be okay.
In the meantime, I've been trying to make myself known (in a friendly and helpful way) to both Leah and Adam's teachers. This was a response from Adam's teacher last week.
Thank you for the note! It's great to know that my emails are appreciated and I am thrilled to know that Adam is talking about school! He is such a great child....he is always doing what is right, working his best, sharing his thinking, being attentive, and he has a great attitude! Could a teacher ask for a better student?
Which hopefully means there isn't a lot of this going on during class time-
Be still my mother heart, though. I always love those little confirmations that huge decisions (like waiting an extra year for kindergarten) were the right ones for us.
And given that Emma is going into the second hour of her afternoon nap as I type this, I'd dare say we made the right decision about her as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment