Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Sweet Sleep

There aren't any newborns in our house anymore, but somehow that hasn't increased the number of full-nights-sleep we're getting around here either.

Although, let's be honest, nothing is quite as difficult as the newborn phase.

However!  I can't really remember the last time all six of us slept through the night- no kids insisting that they're just not tired and reading stacks of hidden books under the covers by stolen flashlight, no first weeks-of-school exhaustion that causes meltdowns and tears, no stuffy noses due to seasonal allergies, no bad dreams, no mid-night dispersing of medicine due to high fevers from hand-foot-mouth disease or new molars coming in, no crazy loud thunderstorms, no restless children that insist on sleeping sideways- simultaneously whacking me in the face and kicking Jason in the back- in our bed, no requests for "just snuggling wif you, Mommy"...

It's been a good long while, but I remember what a good night's sleep feels like and I'm confident that one of these days we'll be enjoying it again... I hope!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...