I have so many -isms in my heart but I rarely sit down to record them anymore. But here are a few favorites that have stuck in my brain, too.
Noah got to take a stuffed animal to kindergarten. He selected his green alligator, the stuffed animal he got when he transitioned out of the crib to his big boy bed. It's been around for a long time, but it doesn't have a name. All of the kids were trying to help him come up with ideas.
The family- How about Crocky? Or Allie? Or Mr. Green?
N- Mr. Green!?
M- Yeah, like in the books about Mr. and Mrs. Green!
N- Nah, I can't use that. It's already been copyrighted.
*****
While camping Noah was repeating a lot of the words I was saying, and I realized it was because he doesn't hear some of the words very often.
You've been hearing a lot of new words on this camping trip haven't you? Like hammock! Or Okoboji!
N- Yeah, and pornography!!!
M- ... .... ... You're right! We did have a conversation about pornography the other day, didn't we?
You just never know what's going to stick.
*****
For some reason none of our kids can remember the word loofah. They usually call it 'that spongy thingy' but Adam gave it his best shot the other day.
A- Laney's chewing on... I think it's called a floofah??
*****
Noah, thinking about his new specials schedule in kindergarten- I wish I could go to gym.... I wonder what gym is like.
E- Gym is the same as P.E.
N- It is??? Oh! Oooohhhhhh! It's the same thing!
*****
And a sweet nostalgic one-
N- Mommy, do you remember when we used to get up and you would be on the treadmill and Emma and I played Little People? Why don't we do that anymore?
One of the sad realities of early mornings at kindergarten.
*****
Noah, thinking about his new specials schedule in kindergarten- I wish I could go to gym.... I wonder what gym is like.
E- Gym is the same as P.E.
N- It is??? Oh! Oooohhhhhh! It's the same thing!
*****
And a sweet nostalgic one-
N- Mommy, do you remember when we used to get up and you would be on the treadmill and Emma and I played Little People? Why don't we do that anymore?
One of the sad realities of early mornings at kindergarten.
No comments:
Post a Comment