This little baby of mine is growing up so quickly!
M- I love you, King Noah!
N- Mommy, I'm not a baby anymore.... so you don't have to call me that now.
M- But you'll always be King Noah to me!
(He doesn't realize it, but the nickname King Noah refers to the dominating personality he's exhibited since the day he was born- adorably bossy and unable to understand why things might happen in a way he didn't prescribe!)
(He doesn't realize it, but the nickname King Noah refers to the dominating personality he's exhibited since the day he was born- adorably bossy and unable to understand why things might happen in a way he didn't prescribe!)
*****
On a random Tuesday nigh- Mommy can you make a blog book about this? About Legoland and about how we're eating this tasty Italian ice cream tonight?
Basically a request to just keep recording the little and lovely moments of life.
*****
At the breakfast table- Let's pretend we're at Legoland. Ok! We walk in. It's dark. No one is around. We find our room. Walk in. Amazed.
*****
Not pictured- Noah singing loud and clear in his music class. He even sang a solo and he did such a great job! Noah is one musical little fellow!
A conversation with Adam- We wake up early even on late start. It's just the kind of people we are.
*****
While talking about college and missions and leaving home around the dinner table one night, we figured out that Leah has five more years at home.
N- You're leaving Leah?? Awww, I'm really going to miss you!

A constant complaint from King Noah- I just wish I was older! I wish I was born second.... not third because, you know, Emma was born in the car.... but if I was second than I could have lived in that house in Indiana!
He knows all about the jungle room with monkeys on the wall and a whole toy room to play in and is so, so sad that he missed out on all of it. The kids and I spent an entire morning trying to convince Noah that he didn't really miss out on anything by not living in Indiana with us-
"That house wasn't really that great. We were basically poor there! And we never had snacks!
And there was a frog in the house once! And a possum in the driveway! And there was a tiny swing set with a little slide that had a hole in it and the hole was filled with bees! And there was a big climbing tire and that was filled with bees too!
And there wasn't a basement! And once the water heater exploded and water came gushing out all over the kitchen! And there weren't any other kids on the street to play with and there wasn't even a park nearby. We had to drive everywhere!"
But the biggest reason of all that Indiana could never compare to Iowa is because Noah wasn't with us! This is our whole family's house, and it is the happiest place we've ever lived!

*****
At the breakfast table- Let's pretend we're at Legoland. Ok! We walk in. It's dark. No one is around. We find our room. Walk in. Amazed.
*****
Not pictured- Noah singing loud and clear in his music class. He even sang a solo and he did such a great job! Noah is one musical little fellow!
A conversation with Adam- We wake up early even on late start. It's just the kind of people we are.
*****
While talking about college and missions and leaving home around the dinner table one night, we figured out that Leah has five more years at home.
N- You're leaving Leah?? Awww, I'm really going to miss you!
A constant complaint from King Noah- I just wish I was older! I wish I was born second.... not third because, you know, Emma was born in the car.... but if I was second than I could have lived in that house in Indiana!
He knows all about the jungle room with monkeys on the wall and a whole toy room to play in and is so, so sad that he missed out on all of it. The kids and I spent an entire morning trying to convince Noah that he didn't really miss out on anything by not living in Indiana with us-
"That house wasn't really that great. We were basically poor there! And we never had snacks!
And there was a frog in the house once! And a possum in the driveway! And there was a tiny swing set with a little slide that had a hole in it and the hole was filled with bees! And there was a big climbing tire and that was filled with bees too!
And there wasn't a basement! And once the water heater exploded and water came gushing out all over the kitchen! And there weren't any other kids on the street to play with and there wasn't even a park nearby. We had to drive everywhere!"
But the biggest reason of all that Indiana could never compare to Iowa is because Noah wasn't with us! This is our whole family's house, and it is the happiest place we've ever lived!
No comments:
Post a Comment