Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Climbing Trees

We have a "popcorn" tree that is in full bloom in our backyard, and Leah decided she wanted to climb it to pick some blossoms. Her first attempt at building an outdoor step stool included a wheelbarrow, a deflated ball, a bubble wand and a jump rope. Very innovative, but not very helpful.
We had a quick lesson in tree climbing, and once she was in the tree, she was thrilled! Leah gets anxious about trying new things, and I hear her say, "I'm feeling a little bit nervous" a LOT. So we spend a lot of time talking about new things before we finally get around to trying them.But she loved the climb, and I think tree climbing is now on the "safe" list. Hooray!

4 comments:

Megan said...

What a beautiful tree, and what a beautiful little girl! I love these pictures!

Julia and Aaron said...

Tree climbing has been on Eldon's fun list for the past few weeks too! It really makes you feel like they've grown up. I mean toddlers don't climb trees, right? Good job, Leah!

whitney said...

What a big girl! I love her ladder too. I caught Georgia the other day attempting to use a blanket as a step stool :P

Unknown said...

Ah.... brings back memories. I am going to have to tell Leah another one of my "when I was little" stories about my own popcorn experience. Oh, I miss my little Leah. I am already planning my next trip!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...