Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thoughts on Leah

Before bedtime we played "Music and the Spoken Word". Jason was Lloyd Newell and Leah and I were the guest performers accompanied by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, featuring the duets "I Am A Child of God", "Give Said the Little Stream", and "A Child's Prayer."


We had pancakes for breakfast. Leah asked me what I was cooking them on, and I replied the griddle. She asked, "As in Hansel and Griddle?"


At dinner we were talking about eye color. Leah wants her eyes to be blue, but Jason told her that her eyes are hazel like his. Her response- "As in Hazel and Griddle?"

Apparently we need to enunciate more around here.


I was so shocked to see Leah in pants last week that I had to take her picture. And it didn't last long, as you can see by the clothing trail to the stairs, followed by the much more Leah-ppropriate ballerina tutu.


Speaking of ballerinas, her dance class is over. I never got a picture of her in class, and she isn't performing in a recital. It wasn't really a ballet class at all, but at least now she knows how to do a somersault. The whole thing was fairly reminiscent of her swimming class (or what I'm sure it would have been like had she been talking back then). She didn't want to go all week, was shy and quiet the whole time there, then talked non-stop about the class for the rest of the day. I honestly don't think she got much out of the class, but at least it was a fun thing for her to do.

And a side note on my little play on words up there- Leappropriate- get it?!- Leah also thought that her dance class outfit was called tights and a Leah-tard. So I called it a leotard, and she just called it a tard. Ha!


And further on the subject of classes, we had to pick up a friend's daughter from kindergarten yesterday, and holy cow, those kids are huge! We've been talking about preschool and kindergarten and when to start Leah in it all, and I was so glad to see that Leah is nowhere near the appropriate age to even think about public school. She walked into the school tightly holding my hand and confidently wearing a princess crown. She's still my little peanut- for a day or two!

3 comments:

whitney said...

I LOVE the clothing trail! That's pretty much my house all. day. long! I love Hazel and Griddle lines too. They totally cracked me up!

Martins said...

HILARIOUS!

Nat said...

Mmm. That's always a tough one. Mentally, Leah is totally ready for kindergarten, even being so young. That girl is one smart cookie! Physically, however. . .

Well, she can always skip a grade later, right? ;) <--- I hate that typed winks always look so creepy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...