Leah refused to clear her breakfast dishes this morning until I took her picture. I have no idea why, but I finally obliged so we could get on with the morning.
Of course, Adam had to have his picture taken, too.
I have started the monumental task of sorting through both Leah and Adam's clothes to find those that will be acceptable hand-me-downs for their baby sister. (Side note- I had no idea what spit-up would do to a white onesie over time! Adam was my first projectile vomiter, and I was shocked to see how gross all of his once-pristine onsies look now!)
I took this picture for those who I have tricked into believing that my house is magically always clean. I may or may not have left it this way and just tossed Adam in and shut the door behind him for naptime. Either way, the work isn't even close to being done.
I had fun sorting through Adam's clothes though- I found the outfit that Adam wore home from the hospital. I asked him to hold it up so I could see how big he is now. He didn't quite get what I meant when I said, "Now show me your eyes!"
I just realized we didn't get a picture of him in it on the trip home from the hospital- he's about two weeks old in this picture, and the outfit only looks small because he had slid down in his seat.
And this is a green outfit I remember Leah wearing-
She is a week old in this picture.
And now we get to pass it on to our new baby girl! I've had such a mix of emotions this morning as I've remembered how tiny babies are when they are first born, how quickly they grow out of those tiny clothes, and as I've boxed up clothes from Adam's first 18 months. Will he ever have a brother to pass his clothes along to? I guess only time will tell.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
I still dont believe that your house is ever dirty. Just because you know how to stage for a picture doesn't mean it ever really looks like that!
Going through clothes was so emotional for me. It's so crazy how fast they grow. I was surprised to see how spit up comes back to haunt you! I thought I had it all out, but give it a few years and wham it's back. Can't wait till this little girl gets here!
What a precious trip down memory lane! I'm thrilled you are expecting again. Here's wishing you all the best!
Post a Comment