Adam has always preferred that I read him his bedtime stories and tuck him into bed. For months now, he waves "buh-bye" to Jason as soon as we say "Amen" and cries loudly whenever he realizes that I am leaving his room to read stories to Leah.
But for the last few nights, instead of crying, he just hops off of his chair and books it into Leah's room. I can find him tucked into her bed with a book in hand. Smart little cookie- he has figured out that to get the stories from Mom, he can just go wherever Mom is.
Leah is working on perfecting her written alphabet. If she's not sure about a letter she'll write it out and then ask, "Will you accept this as an 'n'?" or "Will you accept this as an 's'?" I guess I have the final say.
Leah is slowly figuring out the criteria for strangers versus people we know, and people on TV are a very gray area for her. After I hung up the phone today, she asked me, "Were you talking to Denise Austin? Do you have her phone number? Is she your friend?" All because I invite her into our home via the television for a little prenatal workout a few times a week. That makes me very cautious about who else we invite into our home via the few hours of television we watch each week... although we only ever watch PBS Kids, so I think we're doing alright. Elmo and Tiny Pteranodon are great visitors!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
that is so cute of Adam!!! He is one smart kiddo :0)
Post a Comment