Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Date Day

Leah and I went on a Mommy-Daughter date yesterday.  Her request was to buy make-up and get ice cream, so that's what we did!  It has been nearly 100 degrees every day this week, so an indoor date was a perfect choice.  It was so fun to be together, just the girls.  I loved hearing Leah's thoughts and having simple conversation with just her.  We talked a bit about being a big sister, getting ready for preschool and having visitors come in the next month, but mostly we just chatted about the construction equipment that was moving dirt across the street from the ice cream shop, the different flavors of ice cream we chose, and the pictures on the walls.
Instead of being the Big Sister Example that we usually hold her to, Leah just got to be my sweet little tiny for an hour or two.  It was very refreshing for both of us.  Last month Leah and Jason went to see Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs at the dollar theater, and she still talks about it.  One-on-one dates are a tradition that we definitely want to keep up!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I cannot believe how big she is. Gosh she'll always be a little tiny to me too:)

beapinkal said...

she is so big. So crazy how our kids are getting.

Amanda Duke said...

I love Leah! She is so cute. I can't believe how big she is. I remember sitting behind you guys at church when she was just a baby and making her smile through Sacrament meeting. She is growing up too fast!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...