The more babies I have, the faster these 365 days seem to fly. I can happily confirm that I have loved every single day that has gone by since Emma's birth. I haven't wished away the days- wished for uninterrupted sleep or less diapers to change or less nursing sessions to sit through. I have loved- really, truly loved having a new baby in our family, to snuggle, to smell, and to make us all smile.
Emma has made it very easy- she has such a tender, loving spirit, and happy smile and the sweetest baby blue eyes I've ever seen. She loves to grab my hair and snuggle up in it. She always has her tongue poking out and she has really started communicating her wants and needs to us. She says, "Ma ma ma ma" and "Da da da da" and "AHHHH" and "Luh".
She loves baby dolls and strollers and anything that has a smiling face. She is getting closer and closer to walking.
She loves to pop food into her mouth and has no problem letting me know when she wants more or less of something. She loves to put lids on bottles and put things away- socks into drawers or crayons into jars.
People are drawn to Emma's smile and her eyes- she makes people happy- and I'm so thankful to be on the receiving end of so much of the love that comes from her sweet little heart.
We knew we would be in Iowa for Emma's birthday, so we celebrated
her birthday a few days before we left. Given that her tongue is
always sticking out, it seemed only fitting to have a froggy cake.
She
loved it, and while she didn't know what to do with all of the attention
that was directed on her as we sang her the happy birthday song, or
what to do with the little flame on her cake,
she knew just what to do
with the tasty cake.
This sweet third child of mine has not been
shielded from the tastiness of cake until her first birthday.
So, ready or not, the birthday has come and gone and we are moving into the wonderful ones! We love you through and through, Little Emma. Happy first birthday!
I can't believe Emma is ONE! Remember when it felt like you were going to be pregnant for ever!? And now it's been a whole year! I hate how fast time is flying. Happy Birthday Emma! You are a cutie!
3 comments:
Love it all! What a sweet baby she is!
Happy Happy Birthday sweet Emma. I can't believe that she turned one. My favorite when she is sitting on the floor and the stroller one of course:)
I can't believe Emma is ONE! Remember when it felt like you were going to be pregnant for ever!? And now it's been a whole year! I hate how fast time is flying. Happy Birthday Emma! You are a cutie!
Post a Comment