Because we spent the afternoon at Columbian Park- playing pretend farmers at the petting zoo,
counting butterflies, splashing in the water fountains,
getting up close and personal with a wallaby,
and looking for otters.
Because we won a US map puzzle from the summer reading program at the library. The same map that I contemplated buying a few weeks ago in an attempt to help our family understand where we are now and where we are going next.
Because, while playing with the map puzzle, Leah asked, "Is this Nevada?" and then Adam asked, "Is this the North Pole?"
Because my kids sing the ABC song to me at lunch.
Because I caught Emma and Leah jumping on the bed together.
Because my house is clean for the first time all week. While I was trying to clean the house before Jason got home, Leah said, "Do you need help, Mom? You look like you could use some help."
Because Jason got home from his latest conference tonight, full of
stories for me and energy for the kids. We much prefer when Daddy
is here.
I cried (inside) a little, too. Because Leah is starting kindergarten next week. Because I have a long and tedious list of "to-do's" that just won't go away, no matter how much I ignore them. And because I love it here in Indiana- especially places like Columbian Park. And we have to leave.... thankfully not any time soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment