I got dinner started early. We will have a home-cooked/not Easter dinner leftovers meal tonight.
I sewed up the sleeves in Leah's new dress.
I jumped on the trampoline with Emma and Adam.
I sorted and washed the next size of baby clothes for Noah (yay for my growing baby).
I washed and put away two other loads of laundry.
I cleaned up the kitchen from breakfast and made, served and cleaned up from lunch.
I played dolls with Emma and Legos with Adam.
I sat down and did puzzles with them.
I read books with them.
I worked on my pantry organizing labels project.
I vacuumed.
Now! I didn't shower, or run, or cross off a hundred other things on my to-do list.! But I did something! And it felt great.
I've started telling the kids my old line about being an octopus- if I had 8 arms I could do just about anything they need me to, and all at the same time! But I only have two arms, so it they all need me at the same time, the best I can offer them is half an arm. We have to exercise patience all around.
This is tricky with Emma especially, as she has started insisting on having "my mom" do everything that she needs, from helping her brush her teeth to carrying her down the stairs to pouring cereal into her dog bowl for a snack (a favor from a puppy-themed birthday party). And I try to do as much as I can. I'm the mom! And that's what I do.
I've started telling the kids my old line about being an octopus- if I had 8 arms I could do just about anything they need me to, and all at the same time! But I only have two arms, so it they all need me at the same time, the best I can offer them is half an arm. We have to exercise patience all around.
This is tricky with Emma especially, as she has started insisting on having "my mom" do everything that she needs, from helping her brush her teeth to carrying her down the stairs to pouring cereal into her dog bowl for a snack (a favor from a puppy-themed birthday party). And I try to do as much as I can. I'm the mom! And that's what I do.
No comments:
Post a Comment