That's right. We're done. Emma wears panties all the time now, is dry all night, and marches herself to the potty whenever she needs to go, often without any reminders from me.
After the initial pathetic effort I put into getting her going two months ago, we backed off of the whole idea for a month or so. Then she started pulling her diaper up and down and keeping it dry all day and night. It took her a day or two more to figure out pooping in the potty, but once it all came together it has been a done deal for her.
And I am amazed!
She has been to friend's homes, church, the store, the park and even a tea party without any accident. Ever. It really has been quite a simple task to potty train Emma- she basically did it herself. I didn't buy her a potty chair- she's been using potty seats from the beginning, which I love. Less mess for me! And we never bothered with pull-ups or rewards charts. Occasionally she asks for 5 M&Ms for going potty, but that's it. The joy of wearing cute panties is reward enough for her.
We are working on the idea that you need to be in the bathroom before you pull down your pants. We had a slightly embarrassing moment at the library last week when she declared, "Mom! I need to go potty!" as I was printing off some papers, Noah was balanced on my hip, and Adam was spinning around in circles, all while trying to say hello to the missionaries. I turned around to respond to her and her pants and panties were around her ankles. We had to hustle, but we still made it to the bathroom in time.
The other night she was super proud of pooping in the potty, so Leah, Adam, Noah and I all crowded into the bathroom with her and cheered, "Yay for Emma! Yay for Emma!" She took a bow and said, "Thank you! Thank you!" And we all cracked up. She certainly is a funny little lady!
Sunday, April 13, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment