Friday, April 18, 2014

It's Not All Fluff

A sweet friend of mine asked me the other day if I have ever regretted something I've posted on my blog.  Last night I went to bed regretting something I said in my last post about my family being the most important thing in my life and the rest being all fluff.

But it's not all fluff.

My relationship with God and my relationship with Jason are the most important things in my life.  They are not fluff.  But those feelings are hard to turn into words that can be illustrated with a few snapshots and published for the world to read about.  So I don't blog about them much.  Maybe I should.
Taking care of our house and making it our home is important, but it's a fine line between interesting and fluff.  And while homemaking certainly takes up a good chunk of my life, it's not what I want to remember in 50 years, not so much as I want to remember these sweet days with my babies.  So I don't blog about it much.  Maybe I should.

So!  Here is a bit of fluff that is going on in our home lately.

As the weather warms up we're talking landscaping daily, debating between purchasing a soccer net or a bike trailer first, and trying to add color to our gray and white interior.  We're trying to figure out how to landscape this rock pile-
After creating this awesome laundry hole in our master closet wall-
with the help of Adam- 
Jason masterfully added these shelves in our half bath-
I love them.  And I love that we have genius friends and family that we can "borrow" awesome house ideas from.  And I love that Jason is so handy and can do anything I ask him to.  He is always up for a challenge.

I want to find a perfect clock to put above our pantry door-
And I'm trying to make sense of the mess inside the pantry-
We hung these picture frames in Adam and Emma's room with no idea what to actually put inside the frames.  Kind of silly.
And I have a bunch of frames that I want to hang up above our table, but again, we have nothing to put in them.  A family photo shoot is in our near future.
So there you have it.  A bit of house fluff for the blog.

2 comments:

Travis Beckett said...

Hey Melanie, It has been so fun to read little bits and pieces about you and Jason on your blog. It is crazy how much Trav and Jason are alike. Trav wanted to go to dental school at first too, and worked a summer doing sprinklers and now they are both in the same field and we are living in your old house. Crazy! We were just talking about building a laundry shoot in our new house. :)

Travis Beckett said...

Ooops! That was me Charisse, not Trav. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...