We moved to Iowa one year ago. It's hard to believe it was one year ago that we were so excited to be closing the student chapter of our story, thrilled but not yet telling we were expecting Noah, anxious about building our first house. Ready to make new friends and create new memories. And now we have done it all!
It really does take a year, but Iowa is home now. Iowa! How did this happen? I never in my life would have thought I'd someday call Iowa home (and that is saying a lot- I was raised in the military!). It's no Indiana, and it's no Utah, but we are truly happy and feel blessed to call Iowa home. And I already have a feeling that someday we'll move to a new home and realize it's no Iowa.
One of the places that we were most excited to learn about when we moved here was the High Trestle Trail Bridge, and we finally went to check it out. It was nearly sundown and super windy, so we had a great time "blowing" bubbles off the bridge.
Emma's feet didn't get off the ground in the picture on the bridge, but she's flying in the picture below!
My attempts to recreate the fun of our first day in Iowa were met with marginal enthusiasm. We had Topped Donuts for breakfast and I took Leah out of school for lunch. We headed to Palmers Deli- a place that I love to go alone to eat a quiet meal and write in my journal. Lunch with four little kids is bound to end up with spilled chocolate milk, lost cookies and crying babies. I've decided some memories are best alone. Here's to many more years of fun memories in Iowa!


No comments:
Post a Comment