Tuesday, April 7, 2015

April Foos

The eve of April Fools Day had been a tough one around here, and I had so much fun sneaking into their room and drawing mustaches on their faces while they slept.  I giggled to myself all night long.  The shocked whispers, switching on of lights and comparing of faces in the morning was hilarious.  Adam refused to let me wash his off before preschool.  That night I told Emma to hurry and fall asleep so I could draw a piggy nose on her face while she slept.  The first thing she asked me the next morning was if I had actually drawn a face on her, and she was quite disappointed when I said no.  Today, a week later, she told me I did the best April Foos (she says it as if it's the same word in a "foosball table") by drawing the faces on everyone, although she also did a great job of telling Daddy he had a spider in his hair and telling mommy she had peed on the kitchen floor.

I also tricked the family with a yummy pitcher of orange juice that was actually made out of a macaroni and cheese sauce packet.  That one didn't go over as well because Jason tried to serve it to Noah first, which I just didn't have the heart to allow, and then dinner turned into a discussion about whether Leah was telling the truth about reading about the trick online when she guessed exactly what the orange juice really was but vehemently denied it.  It was still a silly trick.

April Foos indeed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...