Mom! Did you know that last night Noah tipped over your lovely flowers? Dey even spilled on de carpet but then we scooped dem back up and now they look like dis! (gesturing lavishly and my now slightly rumpled tulips)
*****
Pulling a library book out of the bag- Can we read this story just one last time before we send it back?
*****
When I'm cold, my teeth are snapping! Like dis! (chatter, chatter, chatter)
*****
While listening to a Taylor Swift song with lyrics about love-
You can hear it in the silence/You can feel it on the way home/
You can see it with the lights out/You are in love.
Oh! Now I get it! Taylor Swift is so smart- this song is about Jesus! I can feel the Holy Ghost when the lights are out, and that makes me think of Jesus!
Emma- Are you going to see Dorothy?
M- Maybe! Probably not though. I'm going to a women's conference.
E- Will you go to Dorothy's house?
M- No, but I'm going to listen to inspirational music and motivational speakers, and I'll come back so happy and refreshed and excited to be your mama!
Adam- And there won't be any more consequences!
Okay, this one was an Adam-ism, too, but it was so funny! We've been talking a lot about natural consequences lately- if you dwaddle in the morning you don't have as much time to eat breakfast, if you don't take care of your toys they will be given to someone else, etc. Apparently Adam doesn't like all the talk about consequences. Sometimes I wish they could go away, too.
You can hear it in the silence/You can feel it on the way home/
You can see it with the lights out/You are in love.
Oh! Now I get it! Taylor Swift is so smart- this song is about Jesus! I can feel the Holy Ghost when the lights are out, and that makes me think of Jesus!
*****
Me- I'm going to Kansas City this weekend! Emma- Are you going to see Dorothy?
M- Maybe! Probably not though. I'm going to a women's conference.
E- Will you go to Dorothy's house?
M- No, but I'm going to listen to inspirational music and motivational speakers, and I'll come back so happy and refreshed and excited to be your mama!
Adam- And there won't be any more consequences!
Okay, this one was an Adam-ism, too, but it was so funny! We've been talking a lot about natural consequences lately- if you dwaddle in the morning you don't have as much time to eat breakfast, if you don't take care of your toys they will be given to someone else, etc. Apparently Adam doesn't like all the talk about consequences. Sometimes I wish they could go away, too.
No comments:
Post a Comment