Friday, April 24, 2015

Time Out For Women

A few months ago I decided that I wanted to attend Time Out For Women in Kansas City, and I was so happy to round up a great group of ladies in Ankeny that wanted to go with me.
We spent Friday evening and Saturday listening to inspiring speakers and beautiful music.  Amongst the many speakers, I especially loved hearing from an old BYU professor of Ancient Studies talk about Jesus Christ's love always being enough for everyone, another speaker sharing the reasons we are in the refiners fire- because we are worth refining- and my absolute favorite speaker was this sweet woman Meg Johnson, who is a quadriplegic and proves that anyone can be happy, even when life is hard.
I also fell in love with this song- I couldn't help but sob through it the first 234 times I listened to it.
And I learned that I need to stand up straighter in pictures... These cute ladies are among those that I work with at church.  We have a great time pretending like we are cool enough to hang out with and lead the young women.
And as a bonus surprise, I ran into an old BYU 85th Ward friend Whitney!  The world is such a small place.
It was a fantastic weekend.  I loved the chance to focus on myself, my friendships, and my faith for a fun weekend.  Those chances always leave me feeling refreshed and ready to get back to the real work of my life.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...