Leah's spring recital was a lovely one. She is progressing nicely with her violin, which is always hard to hear in the day-to-day practices but so apparent in her performances. She says she feels plenty nervous before a performance, but she always does a wonderful job and her nerves are nowhere to be found.
Miss Megan's violin instructor made these "hamburger" cookies out of Yorks and Nilla wafers at her recitals when she was six years old, and her mom has continued to make them ever since. They have become the most exciting part of Leah's recitals for the kids. Even Emma, who does not like the taste of anything mint, needed to know if there were going to be "ham-buckle cookies" at the recital. I am going to have to learn how to make these if we ever move on from Miss Megan's studio.
How I love this sweet girl! Love her talents, her smile, and the light that shines from her. I love that she's willing to develop her talents and share them with other people.
1 comment:
she is such cutie! I still remember her sitting on my couch watching Curious George! Where did the time go?
Post a Comment