Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Becoming A Lady

Emma has been debating whether or not to get her ears pierced for months.  Every time she says she's ready I tell her I'll take her... and then she changes her mind.  But on the day we went to the Omaha Zoo, she decided she was ready.  This was over Thanksgiving Break and I think she really liked the idea of having exciting news to share with her friends at school on Monday.  So I double and triple and quadruple checked with her, and told her she could not change her mind once we got there, and we found ourselves making a pit stop at the mall for some dinner and a quick milestone for Emma.
 She was definitely nervous when we got there, but she climbed right up into the chair and took a good long while deliberating which earrings to get.  I had to dismiss Jason and the boys (because one of them was questioning why exactly I wasn't buying the $17.95 starter package) and Leah was hiding on the other side of the store for fear of hearing Emma scream.

But there was no scream from this tough little cookie.  They pierced both ears at the same time, and she said she wasn't going to cry, so she didn't.  Just as Emma would do.  But it definitely hurt!
 And once she got a glimpse of her new look, the smile came creeping back again. 
 Looking good! 
 Totally worth it!  She picked out stacks of new earrings to enjoy once she can switch them out, and she has been diligently cleaning and twisting her earrings three times a day ever since.  
She looks so grown up!  

And I'm glad it's done.  It was a really hard decision to sign up for the intentional pain, but now she will never have to do it again!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...