Not unlike Halloween and Noah's birthday, it's hard to fully get into the Christmas spirit around here until after Jason's birthday. Although moments like this do help...
We put the tree up just after Thanksgiving, and it seems every year there are less ornaments broken in the process. There is, of course, always a great debate over who's turn it is to put the star on the Christmas tree. Adam was delighted to have the honor this year, and it kills me to think that his next turn will be when he's 12.
I'm guessing he won't be climbing on Daddy's shoulders by then!
We must have the traditional cocoa in a cup pictures...
... minus the cocoa.
The girls always lovingly arrange the nativities.
Hee hee- we had a cocoa tasting contest one afternoon. All of the flavors were delicious but french vanilla was the winner.
And we've made a whole bunch of snowflakes!
We have to make up for the lack of snow on the ground. The winds have been blowing and the snowflakes have been swirling,
but there hasn't been any snow on the ground yet.
I tell Noah at least three times a day not to stand on the love seat and lean into the tree. He's fallen into it twice already. But those ornaments are just irresistible, especially the golden Lego.
It's fun to see which traditions are a must-do for each of us. For me, it's snuggling up and reading Christmas stories and watching Christmas movies. That represents the gift of time to me. For Adam, it's eating snowman pancakes.
This is the cutest little elf ever.
See!
I couldn't find any musical ornaments for my piano students this year, so I made my own and I love how they turned out.
More adorable reading by the lights of the season. Christmas lights are so magical.
And there has been lots of cookie baking. I've decided cookies are my favorite food group at Christmastime.
Emma was hoping one of the gingerbread men would hop up and run out of the oven!
Of course we've visited Santa. It's been fascinating to listen to the kids deliberate over Christmas gifts this year. I'm not sure exactly why, but their lists are all quite modest- with the exception of Adam, who wants a teleporter, a broomstick that really flies, and a 3D printer. Christmas morning could be real interesting around here.
Regardless of their wish lists, their eyes all lit up with pride when they heard Santa declare them all as "Good"!
And now, somehow, Christmas is nearly here. The shopping and shipping are done, school is nearly out and we're trying our best to really enjoy the most wonderful time of the year.



No comments:
Post a Comment