Monday, May 10, 2021

Flecks of Gold

I recently learned about a flecks of gold journal, in which you can capture the little wonderful moments of life.  I don't need another place to keep track of our happy life, but I like the idea so I'll just put it here.  Here are some of our recent flecks- 
 Dancing and marching and waltzing and chasing around the kitchen and living room to the music of The Proclaimers. We ended the impromptu dance party with a Lady in Red slow dance with each of the kids.
Recently we also had a massive family pillow fight.  Poor Sonny the plant always loses a leaf or two in those wars.
Noah chased Laney around the woods, trying to catch her with the laundry basket as his net. He was unsuccessful. 
Emma sat on the stairs and worked diligently to cut out awards for her scripture lesson. Mine said, "You can do hard things".  Daddy's said, "You can learn to be like Jesus." 
Sunday styles are the best!

I played the organ for Mother's Day and got to chose the hymns without knowing the topics of the meeting.  "Lord, I Would Follow Thee" fit perfectly with the talks that were given. 

Leah noticed that Adam didn't get any mac and cheese for lunch, so she went from plate to plate collecting a few bites from everyone to create a helping for Adam.
Noah cried at the breakfast table about the saddest dream in which Mommy and Daddy had to leave, so he was invited to sleep in our bed last night, which meant his day ended with several sighs of happiness, snuggling deep in the covers and falling asleep with a smile. 

Adam didn't get any teeth pulled out at the dentist, even though there are several that are hanging on by less than a thread. 

Leah went camping last weekend. We scrambled to get out the door and over to the church by what we thought was on time, only to find out we were 45 minutes early.  Better early than late, and we turned that lemon into lemonade by doing some one-on-one shopping at Target to get Leah some much needed socks and other things.  It was serendipity!

Easily given forgiveness. After a crabby morning with a rushed start (a real rarity this year when getting to school literally means getting out of bed and getting on the computer), I apologized to the kids for being snappy and they all grinned, hugged, and moved right on. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...