Monday, May 3, 2021

Visitors Heading East

Grandma and Grandpa are finally on their mission, and we were lucky enough to see them as they made their way all the way to the East Coast, where they will spend the next 18 months in the New Hampshire Manchester mission. 
They arrived on Sunday afternoon- Grandpa's birthday!  The kids have heard all about the tiny sliver of red velvet cake that we got as kids and they were anxious to see how much they would get.  I think Grandpa was far more generous this time around than he ever was with his cake in my childhood!
And the other order of business- determine who is officially taller than Grandma!
No cheating on a hoverboard!
We had lots to show Grandma and Grandpa- inside- 
And especially outside!
I love this picture because it's just how grandparents are- excited about everything their grandkids are doing.
Grandpa went down the zipline and Grandma went down the slide!
I call this series Curse of the Blink- 
Inside or outside, we took an impressive number of closed-eyed shots. 
But at least we were together!  This time around was a fraction of the length of our usual visits, so we had to pack in all the fun in just a few days! I think we did a pretty good job, and we are so excited to hear all about their mission adventures and hopefully visit them too!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...