When I was a younger mother, I just didn't want to change any diapers on Mother's Day. Nowadays I just don't want to do any dishes. And not only did I get that I also got beautiful handmade gifts and cards, delicious food, and a chance to rest and connect with my own favorite mother and mother-in-law and many other wonderful mothers!
Motherhood continues to be the most difficult, most consuming, most rewarding work I've ever done. And I'm so glad I get to do it! Motherhood is the most Christlike adventure I think I could ever embark on, shaping and teaching me every day. I say it as often as I can- motherhood is hard and these kids make it so much easier!
(Emma, where were you?! Perhaps finishing up the beautiful gold necklace you gifted me.)
Also, look at these beautiful flowers! And the green grass too- what a perfectly wonderful time of year.
No comments:
Post a Comment