Is it really possible that this long winter is over and spring is finally springing?!! Easter is such a glorious time of rebirth, and it was met with great anticipation in our home this year.
Easter morning was an exciting one! I'm sure I've said this before but Easter is just the best understated holiday- great traditions, wonderful significance, tasty food and delightful surprises, just all on such a more manageable and less-stress level than Christmas. Easter is just lovely!
Even the shortest of the hunters were able to find the highest-hid eggs this year.
Eventually all of the fresh eggs and baskets were found, and all the treasures that came along with them, including socks! Adam's one request for Easter was fulfilled and he is officially on his way to becoming an old man.
One of my favorite newer Easter traditions is outside egg hunting- we didn't start doing this until we moved to this house and it is so fun to hunt for eggs outside!
A sure sign of spring!
Back inside we made the very delicious resurrection rolls.
All nicely tucked in and ready to go into the oven-
and they came out perfectly empty! Such a simple reminder of the powerful Easter miracle!
We had a very busy and musical Easter church service that we all participated in! I am so grateful that our family is a musical family.
And back at home we enjoyed a feast for us (after which all of the kids melted onto the floor and took turns trying to coax Laney over to them), an afternoon in the sun-soaked woods, and a whole bunch of rounds of some of our favorite silly family games, including Who's That Ward Member, Name That Tune, and I'm Going on a Picnic. I went to bed last night with my heart full of gratitude for our family, our traditions, and our Savior Jesus Christ.



No comments:
Post a Comment