Thursday, June 13, 2024

Leah!

 Leah participated in the high school spring musical!  She worked so hard for the entire month of April and the school put on an incredible performance of Rodgers and Hammerstein's Cinderella.  Leah said she loved being part of the play without being on stage and that she loved playing music for two hours straight.  It was amazing!  
She played five shows in five days, and still cried happy tears when it was over. I love when these kinds of happy memories are made!
The first show was the parent preview and I sat down on the second row so that I could grab some good pictures and videos of the pit.  The finale was fantastic, but the best part was catching this little bebe Cinderella sneaking onto stage for a moment of dreams coming true. 
Leah went to her junior prom!
I love this lovely young lady!
Emma and I went along for the picture taking adventure- we had some good laughs in the car even after Emma's shoe broke. 
This one is my favorite- she picked out such a stunning dress!
She and her friends had all kinds of fun with pictures- 
Then they met up with more friends for more pictures- 
and stopped into the boba shop for a treat
before heading back to our house for a break and a reset before heading over to dinner
where they met up with some more friends! 
I tried to convince Leah that she should let a boy from the stake take her to prom- he would have been so happy to!- but she was insistent that she wanted to go with friends and we both agreed that she was right- this was a great and fun night with friends!  The dance was the least exciting part but after prom was a hit!  I'm so glad she decided to go to prom this year. 

This past month has been filled with lots of grad parties- we took a girls trip out to Omaha to celebrate Other Adam before going to the temple.  It was so sweet being in the temple with my girls!
Leah had a violin recital this spring! She is getting ready for her senior scholar recital and she sounds amazing. 
We're so glad she working with Ms. Megan again!
They've both grown up just a bit since they startest working together.
She had a fantastic final orchestra concert as well- I have hated how concerts have overlapped this year and I was rushing with the babies from her concert over to Adam's on the same night.  I could sit and listen to this orchestra all night long!
And the last few weeks of school were filled with AP tests, late night studying, final grade adjusting, finals, early outs, lunches with friends, and finally, the last day of what I have said many, many times over the last nine months is the hardest and most important school year that Leah has gone thorugh so far. But she did it!  Her junior year is over and she finished strong!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...