Monday, June 17, 2024

Summer So Far

 We've had a glorious mix of busy and lazy so far this summer.  These are the good old days in the making. We challenged the youth in the stake to read the Book of Mormon in six months, and this month we celebrated with go-kart racing, mini golf and a pizza party! 
I even went for a nice safe spin.  I was much more reckless as a teenager, but I was happy to putter around the track while everyone zoomed past me. 
Cute girls!
Jason watched all of the youth go around and gathered up the fastest boys for a race, only to be the first one to spin out while they zoomed past him.  Humbled!
Adam's hair doesn't usually look like this- he was flying!
Noah and his buddy Jayden played more golf than anyone else!
Our stake is filled with awesome youth!  And it is really sweet to be the ones who get to shape some of the experiences that are shaping their testimonies. 
We've been cat sitting for Gwenny- no suprise that Emma is her favorite. The rest of us were nervous around her, Emma just scooped her up like it was no biggie. She's so brave!
We are officially no longer able to fit three people in a kayak anymore, so this summer we invested in two stand up paddleboards. 
They are a sweet ride, and a fascinating way to see all that is going on under the surface at Maffitt Lake. So many fish and plants and maybe even mermaids! 
Brave kids! 
Adam is continuing to hone his grilling skills- 
We did a major garage cleanout a few weeks back and I almost tossed the sidewalk chalk, but I'm so glad I didn't.  It was the perfect source of entertainment on a lovely summer night. 
Ahh, sweet summer. 
I think this game is called Frostbite- 
I wish someone would have told me, babe, someday these'll be the good old days. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...