Monday, March 10, 2008

And the winner is...

A Kitchen Aid! I was so shocked- Jason had convinced me there was no way I was getting one anytime in this decade. But with a little help from his sisters (thanks again, girls!), a lot of patience and a great deal on amazon.com, I am the proud owner of a new Kitchen Aid! As a full-fledged housewife, I hereby pledge to do my duty, to my husband and my daughter, to make the most delicious, never-before-attempted recipes and amazing concoctions that could previously only be dreamt of... uncharted territory that can finally be conquered with 325 watts of pure mixing power. Look out, Martha!



Can you tell Jason was proud of his surprise? And the Kitchen Aid was just the beginning! We spent the afternoon in Salt Lake. We had a picnic- it was just cold enough out that we only stayed long enough to scarf down our lunch and take a few pictures. Then we headed over to the children's museum at the Gateway. There wasn't a ton of stuff that Leah could do- mostly just avoid getting knocked down by bigger kids- but we had fun playing dress-ups, riding a horse and painting with watercolors.
Back at home, we made cupcakes (de-lish, thanks to the Kitchen Aid) and tried to frost them faster than Leah could eat them. Jason was on double duty for taking the picture and delivering the birthday cupcake. Then, after Leah was in bed for the night, Jason and I headed over to Magleby's Grill and Oyster Bar for a tasty dinner and some great conversation. Thanks so much to everyone who thought of me on my birthday- it was a great one!

8 comments:

Casee said...

I am glad you had a great day! I had a feeling it was a Kitchen-Aid, I am green with envy.

Crapos said...

Ohhh, those cupcakes look good! And yay for birthday surprises! I'm green with envy. Neil's sisters got KitchenAids as wedding gifts but we got an XBOX!

Kristin Hanson said...

Happy Belated birthday! I adore my kitchenaid and I'm sure you will, too. For Christmas, Dave's parents bought me the grinder attachment. I have yet to use it, but not because I don't want to!

Kathryn Cooper said...

Happy Birthday and Congratulations! A kitchenaid would be pretty sweet!

christa said...

I thought it might be what you really wanted...I love it when men do that. I forgot to put up an over the top b-day gift for you...I'll go do it right now. An un realistic birthday gift is better late than never. It looks like you had a great day!!

christa said...

Ok, I just posted your "fantasy" gift.

Bea said...

Happy Birthday my friend! You are going to love that sweet present for sure. Have fun with it.

Aubrey said...

It sounds looks like you had a big fun birthday! I am sure you're loving that kitchen-aid. I wouldn't want one... I don't want to be held accountable! :) You're awesome! Happy Birthday to YOU!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...