Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Blurffing

Main Entry: blurff
Function: verb
Etymology: probably from Dutch word blurffen: to surf blogs, of whose owners are known or unknown to the blurffer, mindless waste of time
Date: 2008
Transitive verb: to put off or completely forget housework, diaper changes, timely cooking of dinner by pretense or a mere show of human curiosity (i.e. what is my old roommate that I haven't spoken to in 4 years up to today?)

Note: Experts highly recommend that blurffing take place only during naptime or bedtime, when other household members are not severely neglected due to said blurffing. Verb not to be mistaken for an unpleasant bodily function.

8 comments:

christa said...

This sounds all too familiar...

Megan said...

Hahaha! Very well said!

Casee said...

Wow, I had no idea that all the time I was wasting actually had a name. Thanks for the info.

Unknown said...

yay Blurffing!!!!

Kristin Hanson said...

Lol I love it!

The Tchongas said...

You are just so funny! I love it!

I will totally blurff when I have a kid :)

hugs!!!

Aubrey said...

That just made my day Melanie! (LOL)That was very educational.

Rachael said...

sweet. i love this word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...