Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Earth Day


It's great that the in thing (and the right thing) to do right now is to "Go Green", but a lot of times I feel like it's all or nothing. You know, either you move into a self-sustaining, eco-friendly home or drive a gas-guzzling SUV through the rainforest. So, in an attempt to feel good about what I have done, I have posted one of my small attempts at saving the world. I reuse baby food and other kitchen containers whenever I can- the baby food containers hold just the right amount of food for a snack, and I covered this old breadcrumbs container with cute scrapbook paper and it now houses all of Leah's finger puppets. Not much, but I still feel good about doing my part.

6 comments:

Crapos said...

I'd never thought of using the baby food containers for snacks. Luckily, we now have recycling. I love it. My bin is always overflowing while my nieghbors barely put a few plastic bottles in. My garbage is a third what it used to be. It's really a pity Provo doesn't offer free recycling. Well, I guess mine's not free, but they don't give me an option NOT to pay for it.

Nat said...

Congrats! I'm a big "go green" girl myself, so kudos!

Megan said...

Oh, Matt would be so proud of you!

Erica said...

I love the container for the finger puppets. I just keep Brooklyn's in a ziplock bag - but that is WAY cuter :) Thanks for the good idea!

Aubrey said...

Those finger puppets bring back the memories. :) Cute containter, by the way. You're so creative with your resourcefulness.

Martin Family said...

You go girl!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...