We have been discovering ladybugs and other creepy-crawlys around our neighborhood lately,
and the ladybug poem has been running through my head. Acutally just the first line, so I thought I'd look up the rest of it. Here we go-
Ladybug! Ladybug!
Fly away home.
Your house is on fire.
And your children all gone.
All except one,
And that's little Ann,
For she crept under
The frying pan.
Okay...
But my personal favorite is Wee Willy Winky... nothing to scare your kids into going to bed like the image of an old man peeking in on them in the middle of the night! Yikes! Mother Goose sure did have an imagination, didn't she?
Another flew away!
As for the last post, I'm glad everyone liked it! That is a cute picture, I think. And it wasn't anything special, I just opened Microsoft Picture It!, clicked on a few options, and voila!
8 comments:
I love being able to capture sweet little moments like that. Leah sure is cute!
cute poem... I love the spring! Looks like you all are making the best of it.
Sometimes creepy crawlies aren't so fun! :) And just so you know, my photography blog has changed to davisonphoto.blogspot.com. I had a slight accident and my blogs got erased. :) I have a new personal blog, too! davisongoons.blogspot.com.
I love the baby stella post, did I spell it right? And, the poem is so cute too! :)
Your little Leah is so beautiful--I'm sad I don't get to play with her and all the others in Nursery anymore! Great photos! (I hope you don't mind--I found your blog via the beans!) ( :
-chantelle
Funny you should mention the tad-bit-scary lady bug song. In nursery on Sunday, we were having a lesson on being grateful for bugs. (Don't you love nursery lessons?) The other teacher started saying that rhyme with the kids and I was thinking, "Boy, I don't remember that poem being so creepy as a kid. Hurry home, your kids are burning! What are we teaching our children!" But the kids sure thought it was fun to fly their paper ladybugs around the room to the rhyme. Oh well. ;)
Maybe we shelter our kids too much these days... I don't know. I've felt the same about old books/poems. For instance, Peter Rabbit talks about getting baked in a pie by the farmers wife (that's how his Dad died). Maybe kids can take more than we think. Or maybe it screwed them up. Who knows. All I know is that I still love the stories/poems so....
Miss you woman! :)
hope you're having a great day! :)
Post a Comment