A few months ago I tricked myself into believing that because Leah was one week early and Adam was two weeks early, the baby sister was going to come early as well. Maybe not three weeks early, but early enough that when I heard that things were progressing at my last doctor's appointment, I took that as a sign that she would be here no later than July 22nd- 13 days early. I have no idea why I thought that. While I'm still only 38 weeks pregnant, not a week overdue, in my mind I am past due. I have completed the ever-looming to-do list, I've scrubbed my house to within an inch of it's life, I've packed and repacked our bags, and now I'm done.
I'm done trying to keep my house clean 24 hours a day for fear that I'll have to leave for the hospital with a dish in the sink (gasp!). I'm done wondering if every twinge is a contraction. I'm done propping myself up in the night with a bed full of pillows and still waking up in the morning with numb hips.
I'm also done answering the question, "How are you feeling?" but at the same time, I'm so grateful to be surrounded by people that actually do care how I am feeling. These are just the days that you forget about when you sign up for another baby, and I'm looking forward to forgetting them again. She's worth it, absolutely, but that doesn't make it any easier. So instead of worrying when? when? when? I'm just going to sit back and try to relax while I can. Of course, it's 100 degrees outside and I can't get around much without waddling, so the the sitting back part comes pretty easily. Any guesses on how much longer it will be? I need some entertainment.
The only picture with me in it for now- enjoying an indoor picnic in our glorious central air-conditioned house.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I was frantically scouring the house every night a few months ago because I didn't want to go into labor and have someone see my messy house. Sigh.
I'm hoping that the weather cools off soon!! I've had two summer pregnancies here and I can sympathize with you. :-) I'm torn between hoping you have the baby in the next couple of days and hoping you make it 'til Thursday because I love chatting with you at playdate.
Oh man I definitely would not want to be pregnant in this summer heat. It is miserable! I hope she comes soon!
i've her the third one is a lone wolf- ie: comes when he/she wants! Both the girls were early...JJ came the day before his due date. i hope it passes quickly for you...i know the end is like stabbing yourself in the eyeball. i think it's a toss up of what's the worst 9th month of first few weeks after! the third one was torture on my body, how about you? I think my body is past the point of no return...i have clicking in my hips since JJ was born!
I totally relate to looking forward to forgetting how uncomfortable this is...I seriously don't remember this from last time! I hope she comes soon!
Not related to your post question--where did you get your "I Belong" pic on the side of your blog and how did you link it? I want that! Thank you!
Post a Comment