This weekend was the BIG housecleaning party. I don't think of it as nesting so much as cleaning now in hopes that I won't have to do it again for a long, long time. Things might have gotten out of control around the time that I started sanding down furniture, pulled half of Jason's Father's Day flowers out of the flower bed while weeding, and attempted to steam clean the carpets and couches- all in the same hour. I even got the kids in on the work.
In the middle of the work, I was supposed to go the church to clean out the Relief Society closet. I was on a roll, so I stopped ever so briefly to change out of my grungy cleaning clothes into something decent, packed the kids in the car (Jason is in the middle of the busiest time of year in his fields), and headed to the church.
I can hardly express my complete surprise when I walked into a room full of friends shouting, "Surprise!" I had NO idea that Jason and my sweet friend Julia had been planning a surprise shower for me! I was so excited to see everyone and get a chance to sit and visit and eat tasty fruit parfaits and coffee cake instead of doing more cleaning.
I have been acutely aware lately of how far away my family really is. Bringing a new baby home is definitely a time that having family near would be ideal. But with fantastic friends like mine, I know that I'm not really alone at all- even out here in the middle of Indiana.
And it was a diaper shower! Now I feel completely set for this baby girl to come whenever she is ready.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
oooooooooh- i'm kind of sad to live so far away from you. I wanted to be there!!! :) miss you! please don't forget you have a friend here in Utah too-even if i'm far away:)
I'm so glad it was a surprise!!:) Everyone helped out so much by bringing food and planning games. I'm glad you had a good time. I'm afraid I wasn't the best hostess--my kids distract me so much!
How sweet!
Post a Comment