Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Things Boys Say

Adam chases Emma around the house calling, "Get that booty!  Get that booty!"

We were playing a game that required putting balloons inside little holes.  When Adam was struggling, he said, "Get in there, you little rascal!"
*****

Adam brought a pint-sized Buzz Lightyear to church.  When he started playing with it too loudly, Jason took it and put it in his suit coat pocket.  Adam said, in a muffled voice, "Hey! It's dark in here!"
*****
Play with Buzz Lightyear and Zurg, "Can I marry Emma and that can be her and this can be me?"
*****
"I don't like this music!  You should shut it off so it doesn't freak Emma out!"  (We were listening to the Tangled soundtrack.)
*****
While reflecting on the joys of nursery- "Sometimes we have bubbles in nursery and sometimes I get to pop them and sometimes I don't.  Sometimes the other kids pop all of de bubbles and I don't get any.... It's hard being little."

Adam continues to absorb everything I am teaching Leah during homework time.  He can count up to 34 and loves to quiz me on numbers.

While holding up one finger and two fingers- "What's dis"

M- "It's 3."

A- "No!  One and two!  What is it?!"

M- "Oh!  It's 12!"

Tricky little fellow.
*****
While trying to convince him that he does not need to come into our room in the middle of the night- "You need me!  I needed to come and check on you to help you and Daddy out in de night."

No, at 4:30 in the morning, all we really need is sleep.  We'll see how my efforts to bribe him with the promise of a toy if he stays in his bed go in the morning.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...