One of my children wakes up at 5:38 AM. Every day. Without fail.
When my alarm goes off I roll over once more and consider how behind our schedule would be if I slept in just this once. Every morning. Without fail.
My heart sinks a tiny bit when that big yellow school bus pulls up and my sweet little tiny marches on. Every morning. Without fail.
Emma Grace creates her nastiest diaper of the week immediately after the garbage truck picks up our trash on Friday morning. Every week. Without fail.
Along the bathroom vein, Emma thinks that she needs to fill her pants at the library-with-the-world's-crankiest-librarians. Every week. Without fail. Even when she just went right before we left for the library and I left the diaper bag in the car because I thought for certain I wouldn't need it. Every week.
Jason takes the kids to gymnastics on Thursday nights, and he says that Adam has to poop 10 minutes before his class starts. Every week. Without fail. Must be nerves.
When Emma goes down for her morning nap, I give Adam a choice of things to do while it's just the two of us- play Hi-Ho Cheerio, read books, play with trains, do a craft.... He picks "play on de compooder". Every time. Without fail.
When I have somewhere to be at a scheduled time, Emma takes an extra long nap, causing me to either wake her up or scramble to find a sweet friend to come sit with her while I run out the door. Every time. Without fail.... as in 3 of her last 4 naps have left me scrambling, and for the fourth one, I just woke her up.
When I look out our toy room window, I am amazed at how beautiful the tree across the street is, and I stop for a moment to enjoy it, for our last fall. And I feel a little sad (but mostly excited) to realize that this chapter of our lives is about to close. Every time. Without fail.
When we share our goodies and baddies/roses and thorns/princesses and dragons/Buzzes and Zurgs (aka- the best and worst part of our days), Leah says, "My baddy was that I missed Mommy while I was at school, and my goody was that I didn't lose a sand dollar." Every day. Without fail.
The children's museum is always so, so fun. Especially when we go with friends. Every time! Without fail.
When I have a late night craving for Yorks, Jason jumps at the chance to run to the store to pick some up for me. And he comes back with ice cream for himself, too. Every time (which has been all of twice now). Without fail.
I check on the kids every night before I go to bed. Every night Adam is clinging to the very edge of his bed, Leah is sleeping with a crooked neck, and I am shocked at just how big they look in their beds. Every single night. Without fail.
Friday, October 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment