Saturday, November 24, 2012

Thanksgiving Program

Leah's kindergarten class put on a Thanksgiving feast and play.  We all got to go and watch her perform her part in the A-Z Thanksgiving Feast.  Leah has really grown to love school, especially Mrs. K, "the nicest teacher in the whole school".


Some kids were pilgrims, others were Indians.  Apparently they are still using the term "Indians" in school, which made for a bit of a confusing conversation with Leah the other day when I took her with me to visit my friend who is actually from India....

Leah did a great job with her part, and said she wasn't nervous at all.


And it seems that sing/shouting funny turkey songs is part of the fun!  Here is this year's song- not quite as loud or enthusiastic as last year's, but still lots of fun!

I loved that some of the kids waved and said, "Hi, Leah's mom!" to me afterward.  I get to see all of Leah's classmates when I pick her up ever day, and I try to wave and smile at each one of them as they march off to lunch.  I like to think that other moms do that for my girl, too. A little extra love to get them through the day.


And as a side note, I think that Adam is going to love going to school one day.  He is so curious and so comfortable in Leah's classroom.  I never have to peel him off my leg or encourage him to get involved- someday I think he'll dive right in!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...