Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Emma-isms



E- Ooh!  I love dis.  Gorgeous is my favorite color.

M- What is your favorite color?

E- Gorgeous!
*****

(While dancing around the house like a jumping bean).  Uh-oh, Mommy.  My panties are in ta-wubble!

*****

(Counts to 10.)  Uhh, I can't go higher because I not have any more fingers! 

*****

Mommy, I not want to live in dis house.  It's just so booo-ring.

Really?  Where would you like to live?

Utah!  At Gwamma and Roxy's house!  (Roxy is Grandma's dog.  She mentioned the other human beings that live in Utah after that.)

*****

(Playing Guess Who? Food with Emma and Adam.)

E- Okay, I'll be the donut.

M- Okay, well don't tell me.  I have to guess by asking questions. 

E- Oh, I know.  I'll just be the donut and then you can guess which one I am.  

*****

(Playing animal charades with a group of young children)

Child #1- I'm going to be a bear.  Guess what I am!

M- A bear!

Child #2- Pantomimes being a volcano.  (Never mind that it's animal charades) 

M- A volcano!

Child #3- I'm a tiger!  Guess what I am!

M- A tiger!

Emma- (spinning and whirling and twirling all over the yard)  

Me and other children- A tornado!  A butterfly!  A bird!  A fairy!  

45 guesses later... she was the grass being blown by the wind.

*****

E- (After everyone has been tucked into bed) Daddy!  Daddy where are you?  Mommy?  Where's Daddy?

M- He's gone to play soccer with some friends.

E- Oh!  I thought he had been eaten by a tiger or a ghost and so I was skeeered!

*****

On the days when I insist that Emma take a nap she is never the slightest bit interested in going to bed on time.  Tonight she kept me company while I clipped coupons, packed Leah's lunch and wrote a grocery list, all while snacking on some yogurt and making polite conversation.  

She said, "I could just stay down here forever.  It's so quiet."  

Which is exactly why I stay up late too often myself.  

I've learned that the lure of a glow stick will get a child back to bed in no time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...