Tuesday, October 14, 2014

In The Works


Plans for our 10-year anniversary trip to Puerto Rico are officially in the works. Jason and I will be going for a week in January while the kids get to go to "Grandma Camp" in Utah.  (Yes, we will have been married for 10-and-a-half years by then, but there has been a nursing baby to factor in here.)  At this point I'm not sure who is more excited- the adults or the kids- but all around it is so fun to have something so exciting to look forward to, especially as we're deep in the routine of school and work.  We plan on sleeping in, eating out, snorkeling, rain forest zip-lining, mid-night kayaking and more.  This will be our first Caribbean vacation together, and I am thrilled.  As much as we have loved visiting Washington DC, Chicago, Indianapolis, Minneapolis and other cities together, this trip is going to be all about relaxation and sun in the middle of winter.  And I can't wait!

Jason and I have been attending a monthly mini-series on marriage and family that is taught by an adorable couple with ten children.  Ten!  And they seem well-rested and still very much in love.  And they are funny and smart and experienced in making their marriage the best kind- what works and what doesn't.  We are always looking for good examples of successful marriages to glean from, and this class has been enlightening, inspiring, and entertaining.  The parting comment made by the teacher's wife last month was, "Take care of your marriage.  The family is eternal, but the marriage is exaltation."  I am thrilled to know that our marriage will last forever.

That is an eternal truth that is highlighted here.

Jason and I take our "solemn responsibility to love and care for each other" very seriously.  And so, just as we have to take time for ourselves and take time to be holy and take time for our family, we have to take time for our marriage.  

And what a time we're going to have!

1 comment:

Julia and Aaron said...

Melanie, This sounds awesome! How fun! Can't wait to read your posts!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...