As always, general conference weekend was just lovely. And refreshing. And exhausting. We have been gathering puzzles of various levels of difficulty and it was fun to finally get to pull them out and complete a few of them while we listened to the words and music. That was a very fun way to keep our hands busy and our ears open.
Just like last time, Noah needed to nurse and nap in the middle of the afternoon sessions. Jason worked all day on Saturday, and while the kids stuck with me for the morning session, I didn't insist that they sit and listen to the afternoon session. That night we enjoyed our traditional Game Night while Jason was at the Priesthood session, this time playing "Don't Eat the Prophet!" Boy the kids sure love that game. Even Noah got into it.
And, as always, the talks were all inspiring and uplifting. The first talk that I re-listened to was from Tad R. Callister, who talked about the importance of parents being their children's primary gospel teachers. I think about that a lot as we try to teach and raise our children. They sure our growing up in a different world than we grew up in, and I'm always so grateful for the words of wisdom and advice from those who have gone before us to help us along the way.
Friday, October 10, 2014
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment