There is nothing so peaceful and beautiful as a sleeping baby.
Especially one who is constantly on the go when he is awake.
Noah had tubes put in his ears last week. He's been having ear problems for the last six months, so we were more than happy to get some tubes in place to try to make him more comfortable and healthy. It was a quick and fairly painless procedure, but it still broke my heart to turn him over to nurses and let them carry my sobbing baby away from me. And then to return to him not ten minutes later, groggy and confused and surely feeling a little beat up. I had arranged to have the kids stay at my sweet friend's house for the morning, and I was so grateful for the chance to snuggle with Noah while he slept off the anesthesia. It felt like holding a newborn baby all over again, which was a real treat since those days are now a full year behind us.
And other days I'm just so thrilled to see him holding still that I can't help but snap a picture before I leave him to rest.

No comments:
Post a Comment